Running improves physical and mental health to a great extent. It is a form of aerobic exercise that can reduce stress, improve heart health, help alleviate symptoms of depression, and can even extend your life. For people who have trouble falling asleep, running is an excellent method to help them with it. A bedtime story app is also an incredible way to lull yourself into sleep.
Many experts believe that the shape of human bodies are the way they are because we have evolved to be highly effective endurance runners. The contours of our hips and feet, the length of our legs, our shock-absorbing spinal discs, our skin, and our ability to sweat make it possible for us to run for miles. A mindfulness app helps you keep track of your health, your intake as well as your exercises.
Running is an easily accessible form of cardio exercise and is the easiest way to get the most important benefits of exercise. It improves aerobic fitness, cardiovascular health, burns calories, and builds strength. While yoga for beginners is a good idea, it is not as quick and effective as running.
Studies prove that going for a run just five to ten minutes each day at a moderate pace may help reduce your risk of death from heart attacks, strokes, and other common diseases.
Some other benefits include:
- According to studies, even a 30-minute run can lift symptoms of depression and improve mood.
- It can improve knee health. In one study, researchers found out that the more people ran, the less likely they suffered from knee pain or osteoarthritis.
- It helps people sleep better and improves their ability to focus.
- You have a lower risk of developing cancer and neurological diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s’ disease.
Let us take a look at some sports that involve running.
- Though basketball players are known for their dunks and three-point shots, they often run several miles in a single game.
- A soccer player needs to run several miles during games as soccer fields are large, and substitutions are infrequent.
- Rugby, though known as a contact sport, involves plenty of running.
- Gymnasts need to do a lot of sprinting to bring power to their flips.
Ways you could run daily.
- Keep your supplies ready. They include a pair or two of running shoes and socks, a couple of sweat-resistant shorts, and T-shirts. You might even need a reflective vest or light for safety if you run at night or early in the morning. Finally, a health tracker will help you track how much time you spent running and how many miles you covered.
- Make a weekly plan to plan how often you should run each week to reach your goals.
- Make sure to wear bright colours, look for well-lit trails and running paths and always let someone know where you are.
- Remember to stretch, walk or jog before you run to warm up your muscles. And stretch out after you run.
- If you are not sure how often or long you should run or exercise, talk to a doctor or an expert. They can guide you on choosing a fitness program that is appropriate for your age and fitness level.
Comments are closed.