When it comes to hearing loss, you should rest assured to come across several different causes. The most common causes of hearing loss would be exposure to loud noise. Yet another common cause would be infections, as would be genetics, birth defects, and reaction to drugs. Chemotherapy or drugs used for treating cancer would be another common cause of hearing impairment in people.
Find below the most common causes that would make every kind of hearing loss.
What causes sensorineural hearing loss?
Find below the common reasons of sensorineural hearing loss.
- Acoustic tumors
- Excessive exposure to noise
- Elevated body temperature
These would be the most common causes for sensorineural hearing loss.
What causes conductive hearing loss?
Find below the common causes of conductive hearing loss. These would be typical obstructions inclusive of the following:
- Scarring or perforation of the eardrum
- Infections of the ear canal resulting in pus or fluid buildup
- Building up of wax
- Tumors of abnormal growth
- Abnormal growth of bone in the middle of the ear (otosclerosis)
- Foreign object obstructing the ear canal
- Dislocation of the bones in the middle ear (ossicles)
It would be in your best interest to look for and learn about prevention of hearing damage. You could come across a world of information on prevention of hearing damage online.
How to prevent hearing damage
There would be several things that you could do to help prevention of permanent damage caused to your hearing regardless of your age.
- Avoid listening to loud noises
The best mode to avoid prevention of hearing damage would be to avoid listening to loud noises as much as you can.
- Taking care when listening to music
You should avoid listening to loud music through headphones and earphones. It has been the biggest dangers to your hearing.
- Protecting your hair during loud activities
You should protect your ears when in a concert by moving away from the source of loud music; consider wearing earplugs, or taking a break after every 15 minutes of listening to loud music.
- Taking adequate precautions at work
In the event of you being exposed to loud noises throughout your work, you should speak to your HR manager or department to switch to a quieter area or equipment. You should ensure that you were not being exposed to loud music for longer durations.
You should ensure to keep these aforementioned aspects in mind to avoid any kind of hearing loss.