Even though it seems as though there is no way out of an alcohol use disorder, there is assistance available (AUD). There are various types of alcoholism treatment that might help you regain control of your life and quit drinking.
Your medical history, your network of friends and family, and your level of motivation can all have an impact on how quickly you recover. Medical workers who give care in a rehabilitation clinic are crucial. Any state provides alcohol treatment centers staffed by skilled specialists who can assist you at every stage of your recovery, from detoxification to long-term care. Consider them your continuous buddies who are available to encourage and assist you during difficult times.
However, remember that getting sober is a lengthy process. After one year of abstinence, fewer than half of former addicts relapse. Less than 15% of those who have been drug-free for five years relapse. Joining a local support group and attending therapy on a regular basis after inpatient or outpatient treatment significantly improves the likelihood of a complete and lasting recovery. Getting therapy for alcoholism is similar to investing in one’s future. It will alter your life and the lives of your loved ones, such as your friends and family.
Here are the three steps to overcoming alcoholism:
1. The procedure begins with a cleansing step
- If you suddenly quit drinking, you may become ill.
- Toxin elimination is the initial step towards recovery.
- To accomplish this, you must eliminate any remaining alcohol from your system. Within the first 48 hours after your last drink, you may experience the most severe withdrawal symptoms.
2. Once detoxification is complete, you can begin therapy
- This comprises a variety of therapies and treatments designed to help you overcome your drinking urges and triggers.
- During this phase, you will also begin to learn how to handle situations on your own, which will be beneficial after treatment has concluded.
3. Lastly, maintenance
- It takes some time to get back into the rhythm of things, but as the initial shock subsides, you will gradually adjust.
- It is crucial to return gradually to your normal schedule.
- Support groups can help individuals alter their lives and maintain sobriety by providing them with support and the opportunity to communicate with other individuals in recovery, group leaders, and sponsors.
Now is the time to resume a healthy lifestyle. Immediately contact a treatment facility such as Kaiser Inpatient Rehab to learn more about alcohol rehabilitation programs in your area.
Comments are closed.